We are acting on behalf of a global investment manager with a long history in Asia of managing assets locally on behalf of institutional clients including central banks and corporate pension funds and distributing retail funds via intermediaries.
The firm is now looking to hire a Head of Mutual Fund Sales to lead the Hong Kong and China intermediary business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading a team to achieve sales and incremental AUM targets by forging strong relationships with existing distributors and seeking new distribution opportunities in Hong Kong, Macau and China with private banks, retail banks, insurance companies and independent financial advisors.
- Delegating client responsibilities within the team to ensure clear and defined ownership of the accounts and provide support to maintain deep and lasting relationships.
- Working closely with the investment, marketing, and corporate communication teams to create sales collateral and web content for fund promotions and new fund launches.
- Represent the firm in the media and at industry events to promote the brand.
To be considered for this role you must:
- be a university graduate or above, with a minimum of 10 years financial services sales / sales management experience;
- demonstrate detailed knowledge of mutual fund products across all asset classes;
- have a good understanding of QDII products and distribution opportunities in the China market;
- be enthusiastic, energetic with strong inter personal skills to lead a sales team ; and
- be a seasoned presenter with excellent communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
Information collected is for recruitment purposes only.